Τρίτη 8 Δεκεμβρίου 2015

blogovision '15 ~ δεκατρία

U.S. Girls - Half Free | 4AD


"- This record clearly has these driving narratives – how would you explain the stories you’re trying to tell?
- I think it because pretty apparent that I was just going to kind of make a different character for every song. A different female character that was expressing some sort of inner narrative. Whether she’s telling a story, or her inner thoughts, or recounting her life, or something. I wanted each character to be different. I’m just attempting to put a magnifying glass over everyday things. Instead of glorifying these images of women that aren’t everyday things. I just want it to be real. Like real life. The past few years I’ve been thinking a lot about listening to my mom talk on the phone. I did that a lot as a kid. I was always eavesdropping. Not on the other end of the phone, but she’d be in kitchen on the phone with her girlfriends and she’d get off the phone and I’d be like, “Soo, what are you talking about?”
Hearing her gossip and hearing her talk to her friends about their problems showed me just, how life is complex. For men and women, but my perspective is a female one, that’s the one I know well, so that’s what I wanted to explore. Everyday life is worth looking at. And it is glamorous because it’s what we have and it’s what we share with the whole world. We don’t share fame, or wealth, or great beauty. Only very few people get to experience that. I don’t know. I just wanted to make everyday things have their moment."


20. Grimes - Art Angels
19. Laura Marling - Short Movie
18. Dawn Richard - Blackheart
17. Destroyer - Poison Season
16. Kurt Vile - b'lieve i'm goin down 
15. Chelsea Wolfe - Abyss 
14. Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit
 
 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: